Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"Music Store Donald" (2001) - A Mickey Mouseworks Cartoon

One in ten of the Mickey Mouse Works / House of Mouse cartoons, were included in the Walt Disney Treasures Box Set "The Chronological Donald Duck: Volume Four," basically as a filler. These ten Donald Duck cartoons are the only MouseWorks / HOM cartoons released on DVD (with the exception of the two direct-to-video) functions, so before ya ask, no, I no more. : (I think this is one of the best of Donald Duck cartoons is featured on MouseWorks and HOM (along with the epic"Donald's Halloween Scare" and the Skipped, even though nowhere on the DVD "Double Date, Donald"). I loved the musical gags here, the lovable to the end, and the pace. But mostly, I just love it for Donald's facial expression at 2:53. Listening to never make me laugh. xD So it was nice change of pace, since there are not too many Donald cartoons with this type of formula (though I suspect, because the music and trying to get the girl, usually Mickey's shtick --but it is allocated to Donald genre here). PS Donald looks awesome in a Zoot Suit.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N6fk3DOhwI&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment